Action Sampler Camera

0

Posted by Porbida Dolor | Posted in , | Posted on 9.25.2009

I recently became familiar with lomography from a friend. And because it sounded very interesting that you can take photos in film these days and that the camera is actually plastic, I bought one from my Singapore trip last June 2009.

I planned to go to the lomo exhibit which was happening around that time, but my aunt and uncle had other plans.

Btw, I had the action sampler.



I chose it for these reasons:

1. it uses the standard 35mm film which I can just buy from any Convenience Store.

2. it is relatively cheaper, 69 SGD

3. it has a definite feature: it takes 4 shots in one click in a span of a second.

And the following which I have realized while using it:

4. the fact that it takes 4 actions in a second (thus, the name action sampler), adds up to the surreal effect in terms of light esp when it is sunny. In occurrence, light will really vary even in a second considering that the speed of light is 299,792, 458 m/sec.

5. you can experiment! You can take a shot of a moving object or you can move the camera while you take the shot. Or do whatever, upside down, downside up. Take a shot without even looking at your subject. Take it from your hip, or from the floor.

6. it is actually better (still, depending on which effect you want to achieve) to use 100 ISO films even if it is just comparatively sunny. It develops into more vivid and bright pictures, and sunlight seems caught and smoothened.

Here is a shot of myself jumping like flying at Jurong Bird Park (I used 400 ISO on this one):




Then back in Davao when I joined an outreach program by the Red Cross at Upian Elementary School at Marilog, my favorite shot is of this little girl (100 ISO on this, see the difference?):



I am really very interested in plastic cameras. Golden Half is next!


Comments (0)

Post a comment